Saturday, November 19, 2005

Deserter in the war against the West

This is probably the best letter-to-the-editor I have read in at least 15 years.

"It was frontpage news; 'Europe, it's war!', a war against the Western Culture.

I am a traitor in this war. I desert. Cowardly I leave the battle to the martyrs, the saints and the heroes of the land ; Pim F., Theo van G., Jan Peter B., Ayaan H.A., Rita V., Wouter B., Gretta D., Samir A., Jan T., Geert W. and Jan M. and the thousand thousands who battle for the freedom of speech. The "big Say", without saying what you will do, without saying what you think.

I am tired of this war. I cease battle and wish to work. I wish to work on a house built from books of wisdom. A house where everyone is welcome who wants to search for wisdom. A house where everyone can say what you think, and where everyone does what they say; the home of wisdom.

I collaborate for this wisdom.

I am a traitor, a deserter and I cowardly leave battle to the thousand thousands, the horde."


W.H. Eek

No comments: