Monday, January 18, 2010

Mark Hollis - a truly uncompromising musician

I've been listening(actually I still am) to 'The Colour Of Spring' by Talk Talk and 'Mark Hollis' by the man himself. And people still dare say nothing of any value or interest happened in the 80ies. Un-be-lie-va-ble.


This man. together with David Sylvian, Peter Gabriel and possibly Robbie Robertson formed an army of uncompromising post-rock heroes that was instrumental in bringing us drum and bass in the 90ies. The only thing is that these people said just as much making a lot less noise.

Here is a very interesting article about Mark Hollis. A musician who voluntarily stepped out of the music business and was not heard of again.

"Forget our fate", the pedlar sings.
Set up to sell my soul,
I've lived a life for wealth to bring.
And yet I'll gaze at...
The colour of spring,
Immerse in that one moment,
Left in love with everything,
Soar the bridges that I burnt before,
One song among us all...

No comments: