Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Music - Al Stewart




Recently laid my hands on some Al Stewart. That guy from 'Year Of The Cat'. Songs like 'Time Passages', 'Almost Lucky', yes, sometimes the old times weren't so bad.

I'll have to write a better entry about Al soon. The man has been quite pivotal in the British Folk Scene and I've noticed that even among the older music fans there aren't too many people who know that. Due to the success of Year Of The Cat and Time Passages the rest of his impressive career got snowed under a bit.

Anyone who can write and sing with feeling about a love affair between an apple and an orange can't be all bad...

Said the apple to the orange
Oh I wanted you to come
Closer now and kiss me to the core
Then you might know me
Like no other orange
Has ever done before

No comments: